Blue Grass Energy provides $10,000 in scholarships to students in its service area every year.
Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need. They are one-time, non-renewable grants and are paid directly to the student’s chosen university, college or trade school. The deadline to apply is March 8, 2017.
If possible, recipients will be recognized at his or her school’s end-of-year program and at BGEnergy’s annual meeting on June 1, 2017.
- Eligible applicants are graduating high school seniors with plans to attend an accredited college, university or trade school, living with a parent or guardian who is a Blue Grass Energy member. Members of the immediate families of employees, directors and people receiving benefits from Blue Grass Energy are ineligible to apply.
- Eligible applicants have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Completed application form, including financial information sheet (page 2 of application).
- Page 1 of parent/guardian federal income tax form (please black out Social Security numbers). You may use 2016 or 2017 information.
- Official high school transcript that includes most recent SAT and/or ACT scores, signed by guidance counselor.
- A typed resume listing school and class activities, including offices held, extracurricular activities, special honors and awards, plans for future education and career goals, and hobbies and special interests. Note: Please do not bind your application or use staples.
- Write a brief essay (500 words or less) relating something special about you. Tell us something we couldn’t find out by reading your application and resume.
- Students chosen to receive a scholarship will be required to spend a day at our office located at 1201 Lexington Road, Nicholasville. Students will be paid for the hours in attendance. They will experience a power plant tour in addition to learning more about the cooperative and the cooperative business model. Students MUST attend this day to receive the scholarship. If unable to attend, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Download your scholarship application here.
To view our scholarship, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer. Click on the button below to download the free software directly from Adobe.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-546-4243.